3/25/12

Naan Chips














I love chips and dips.  I make it almost everytime I host someone or also for a quick evening snack. Though its easy to buy Pita chips, its much easier to make them at home besides you can flavor them any which way you want and come up with any variation. Like this time I made Naan Chips.

After every party, I always have leftover Naan, if not much atleast some, but I do. So I come up with different ways of reusing them. Like this Pizza. Last time I made these chips, they came out perfect.I love them best when they are still warm , with a creamy dip or even guacamole. They do have excellent shelf life though and can be made ahead of time , which makes it ideal for parties.

Ingredients:

Roghani Naan , sliced into wedges
dried oregano (or any dried herb or spice u like)
salt (I used kosher salt)
black pepper powder (I used freshly ground )
extra virgin olive oil.(evoo)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 F.

Put the naan wedges in a large bowl, pour some evoo, sprinkle salt, pepper and oregano . Toss with your hand so the wedges are slightly coated with the oil and spices. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 mins or until slightly browned. Remove from oven and let the cool slightly.
















I am sending this to Ayeshas Anyone Can Cook event. , Naynas Lets Cook Speedy Snacks event and Vardhinis Bake Fest #5 hosted by Kalyani.
 
I have a special announcement, 10 days and two posts later I finally get to introduce my other blog "the halal foodie " on Lazzat..

I hope you welcome it with the same love and support, so check it out, dont forget to subscribe and follow. I look forward to see you there :)

Thank You for the ones who already did.

5 comments:

Rashida Shaikh said...

They must be tasty and crunchy.

Az said...

Looks so crispy!

Corina said...

I love it when I come across a post that reminds me of something - I used to make pitta chips like these quite a lot but I'd forgotten about them over the last couple of years. So glad to have seen this.

cookbookjaleela said...

very crispy nan

Umm Mymoonah said...

Good to know about your new blog,nice start. Naan chips looks lovely, thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook :)